Thursday 28 June 2012

Sometimes, Mistakes turn out OK!!

Here I am, back from Qld after spending a wonderful week with my sister Gwen.  Gwen spent hours with me, teaching me different techniques and ever so gently trying to guide me in the right direction!! 

So now left to my own devices, I decided to make a card that will knock your  socks of so to speak.  I started with a sketch, some designer paper, ink pads and stamps.  This card was going to really have the WOW factor. 

Now keep in mind that I am very new to this, so my supplies are extremely limited.  Every morsel of designer paper and card stock has to be used.... I can not afford to waste a thing!! 

So sketch in hand,  I decide on a nice 6x4 inch card, .... that is where my well laid plans finished.  I for whatever reason cut my card the wrong way, but knowing I couldn't waste anything, I continued on and this is the result.... a bit strange, but I think it turned out ok.  What do you think??


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love it and love the fancy fold too. Well done, Now add it to you gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to blogland, your cards are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a gorgeous card. I absolutely love the designer paper and the idea of turning a mishap into such a wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a beautiful card! You have probably started a new trend in card styles! TFS!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete