Saturday 7 July 2012

More playing with Simply Scored

I bet you can't guess what I have been playing with today!!


Today, I decided to have a bit of a play (again) with the Simply Scored... Actually, I call it "In Service" training.   After all,  I can't be expected to sell something that I am not too familiar with... can I ?

Now, keep in mind, the rosettes, or lollies, as some people call them, are not made out of my precious Stamping Up supplies.... I am using up my generic materials for practice, and when I am happy with a result, I will make one or two (or several) in Stampin Up supplies.   There is such a difference in quality between Stampin Up and these Generic papers.... Stampin Up, holds it shape, folds crisply, and doesn't tear.   I can't tell you how many I threw away... but I can tell you that I am now proficient at making rosettes!! 

The little folders hold 6 cards and envelopes,  So I have just made up 6 plain white cards and embossed the front panel so they can be used for any occasion.    I am trying to put a tutorial together and put it on my tutorial page... but that may just take a little time. 

In the meantime, this is how I made the folders.
Take and A4 piece of cardstock and cut it at 6!/2 inches wide.  Then place it on the Simply Scored imperial measurement ( I still think in inches, sorry)  and score at 3, 3 1/2, 8, and 81/2 inches.  Fold at the score lines.  

Now take the little bit that you cut of the original cardstock, and cut 2, 3 inch pieces, and score them lengthwise at 1/2 inch and 1 inch.  fold along the score line.  You can use these as the side bits of the box.  Just simply glue into place. 
Add your embellishments, and you are done! 



  

 .

1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy playing, er I mean practising. Your medallions look fantastic. I love the folder and thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete